Friday, February 20, 2009

A word about

State Wrestling 2009.

I know my nephew wanted to be in the Medal round at State and fell a little short, but with all of life's ups there are downs. They make us strong, smarter and more in control of our destiny. It challenges us to be more diligent and maybe a little bit more grateful for those little accomplishments.

I just want my Nephew to know how very very proud I am of him. HE doesn't have to be a state qualifier, or a medalist or a champion...he just has to be my Nephew Sheldon. The kid who can always make me smile. I am grateful for the fun I have had watching you this year. Your love of the sport has given me the opportunity to spend time with my family, old friends and have experiences that I wouldn't have had if it wouldn't have been for you.



There is something to take away from the 2009 tournament.

You have friends who have fun with you, teamates who respect and need you and a family that loves you. Your a winner hands down in my book! Being a Champion will fade, medals will get packed away someday, but you will always have the love and support of who loves you the most.....and that you will have forever!

There............that is what I tried to tell you, but I was having too hard of a time not crying. I am softie and YOU know it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment