Saturday, December 5, 2009

It was a heartbreaker.......

I think as long as I am alive I will remember the 2009 Big 12 Championship! I walked into Cowboys Stadium fully expecting to fall asleep during the 3rd Quarter. YES I will admit it, I thought it would be a rather...well run away. OK I admit...I WAS WRONG....W-R-O-N-G WRONG dead wrong.........reflecting upon tonight. This felt like a win! I have never walked away from a Nebraska loss feeling on top of the world like tonight. My heart is happy for the boys from Husker nation. Yeah I was pissed, but looking back and cooling off after a 20 minute walk..........

I have tried and tried to put into words what it means to me to be a Nebraskan. It goes way beyond any sport or team. Yeah I am from Nebraska. Nebraska born and raised and Nebraska's where I will stay.

Say what you want to about Coach Pelini. He's got fire. He's got spirit and I love it! He gets it. He gets what it means to be a part of one of the most treasured programs in College football. He knows what it means to the state of Nebraska. He gets what it is like to have the greatest fans in college sports.

I thought it was super cool that we were the "home" team. Our band played the National Anthem and they even played a little sirrus for us!!! When they showed the Nebraska video pre-game...I almost lost it. IT was awesome!

SO I will share some photos from Cowboys Stadium!

First, I "bumped" into Eric Crouch:


The Nebraska Band....really ticked a few of those Texas fans off that our Band got to do the National Anthem, but then again they are: "The Pride of all Nebraska" (these were not during the National Anthem...I don't take pictures during a National Anthem) :



It was a total packed house! They never said it was a sell out but I never saw an empty seat! Love the new Cowboys Stadium!! A few shots from inside:




Ron and Kristin will remember this night for a LONG TIME!!! Despite the score...who can complain about one of the best games of the college football season.
Ron and Kristin:


But in the end.......un real...lost by one point, with one second left to the 3rd ranked team in the Nation...IMPRESSIVE but heartbreaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment