Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When flooding hits home....

This is my niece Jessica having fun on the Omaha Riverfront with the tribute to Labor Statues at State Wrestling. It was so nice out this day and myself, Jessica, Seth, Kyle and George went for a walk. This photo is monumental to me now because this statue is partially underwater from the Flooding of the Missouri River. 


Unfortunately this is what the statue looks like on Sunday June 12th. Sad. The two statues that Jessica posed with are the ones on the right which you can see are still above water but look how close it is to going over the top of the last cement steps. 
This is a closeup of the two statues on the Left.......sad...that area is so cool. I hope it doesn't get too much higher because the area is so neat :( There are a series of docks in this area too that are about underwater....and I remember standing there telling my family. I can't believe anyone can use these docks they are so dry......well............

Look how much the water level changed from the 9th (photo below) to the 12th (photo above). WOW!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment