Monday, October 5, 2009

One little sharpie...

Once upon a time there was a girl who loved being part of the little things. She loved when strange little considences happen to her, when she has the opportunity to silently leave her mark. For most people this isn't a major earth shattering moment, others might consider it is stupid and yes, they will more then likely repaint this white line, but that's ok...for the Price Chopper 400 my name was on the track.

As we approached the walk out fence at the Kansas Speedway I realized our opportunity to sign the track was right in front of me. However, I did not have a Sharpie!! Amazingly enough a nice guy who was attending his first ever NASCAR race in person lent me one so that I could write my name on the Kansas Speedway. While others were signing the start finish line, I found this white area just below the Kansas Speedway on the wall and decided to take it.

As I knelt there writing "GO CLINT BOWYER Love Kristin" I had the tremendous amount of emotion....I am not really sure why, but I just looked around and saw all these people writing their names and wishing their drivers luck and even expressing their love for their respective state........I could almost feel the short history of the Kansas Speedway in my hand that was holding me up so I could write my greetings...........it was tremendously emotional for me.

I walked over to the start finish line and put my right hand on one of the checks and it was awesome. I felt like I had become a part of the Kansas Speedway..........I felt so powerful and empowered to enjoy that beautiful day and enjoy all those things that I sometimes take for granted.....

So someone's midwest generousity by loaning me a Sharpie.......... and someone's radom act of kindess made me want to quickly return the favor and reminded me that you must never ever ever take one little tiny moment for granted....even if it is five little words written on the Kansas Speedway!

(Click on the photo to enlarge)


3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I know that an amazing layout will come with this journaling on it! I miss you so much! I feel the same way about so many things but have never found the words to express it. You found those words...and very elegantly I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay that has me teared up just reading it, you are so incredibly lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete