Monday, January 31, 2011

Good bye Nightcrawlers.....

Today I feel as if I have lost an old friend. The infamous Nightcrawlers bar is no more. Tragedy struck today and it burned to the ground. I can't really count how many times Ron and I would stop by here on the way home to Saint Edward from Grand Island, that is always the way I prefer to go to GI is through Worms. I remember stopping her one night after Christmas shopping with our friends all day. It was our typical stopping point after the stress and hum drum of four days of Husker Harvest Days. I remember having a land auction just down the road and Ron and I stopping there to buy the buyers a celebration cocktail. We hauled loads of Portable Restrooms there and enjoyed going there for numerous celebrations and gatherings. You don't really appreciate something until is gone...........good bye old friend.....you'll be missed........



No comments:

Post a Comment