Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday's....

Here I am just in time for my Second Tasty Tuesday post.

I found this Pasta Salad Recipe  from www.recipegirl.com. I was instantly smitten with it and am going to make it as soon as I have a celebration or party to bring a salad too. Ron and I try to eat fresh fruits and vegetable and not alot of pasta salads as we did before, but I do like to treat us on the weekend.

I love that the dressing has a little bit of Sugar in it.....I always think that adds something to a pasta salad recipe. If you have a recipe you would like to share with me just email me and I'll add it on here and give you all the credit :)

(PS...I am allergic to Mushrooms, so if you give me a recipe with Mushrooms in it, there is a highly good chance I won't make it) (hehehehe)


bacon & tomato macaroni salad

Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Bacon and tomato take plain old macaroni salad to a whole new level...

Ingredients:

1 cup dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup diced celery
1/4 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes- then drained
1 Tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup diced vine-ripened tomatoes
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons sour cream
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, celery, onion, parsley, and tomato.
2. In a small bowl, prepare the dressing. Mix mayo, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
3. Add dressing to the pasta mixture and stir to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.

Tips:

*If you don't care for a mayo-based macaroni salad, feel free to substitute an Italian dressing for the mayo dressing.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Loosely adapted from Food Network)

No comments:

Post a Comment