Monday, May 21, 2012

669.3 miles......

round trip to watch our Goddaughter/Niece Mikenzie Nordeen Graduate from Alliance High School on Sunday. And here is the photo to prove the miles.....and notice the lovely temperature.....ahhhhh.........


Thanks to the Big Iron Impala for getting us there and back safe and sound..........sorry about the hail in Broken Bow but that is why we took you.....our pretty new vehicles don't need the miles or the dents :)

I dropped Ron off at the office in St. Edward so he wouldn't miss his Monday power meetings and rushed home to my little brown dog. OH MY what a greeting that was, but my dog is soooooo smart, he knew Ron and I left together and I carried Ron's suitcase in that as soon as all my love was given, he was looking for Ron. I don't blaim him......Ron loves him and he loves his Ron. 

It was worth every mile to see this beautiful young woman that I stood so proudly as her Godmother as she was being Baptized so many years ago.

She's so smart, such an amazing Athlete and just such an all around great little gal. I wish we lived closer over the years so Uncle Ron and I could have been more a part of her life, but she was always on our mind. My greatest regret was not making it to her first communion. The most important day in her spiritual life, but my Dad passed away on the Thursday before and the Sunday was his visitation. What awful timing for something that two Godparents didn't want to miss but I do have the special Angel that the Nordeen family sent me..........I think about that alot......I am sorry Kenzie, but I hope you know we love you so much!

My words on Kenzie.....She dances like a super Star.....Runs like everyone else is standing still and makes me amazed at her sheer ability to Pole Vault, but most of all she is a very special girl in my life and love her with allllllll my heart......just like the rest of you little turds :)

I would drive another 6 hours to see her happy, smiling face........

No comments:

Post a Comment