Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Farwell....

to our new found friend.......Lake Okoboji, Iowa. We shall return. I promise.

Such a beautiful little treasure in Northern Iowa. Who knew :) Beautiful water, great food, excellent night life, wonderful people and just plain fun. I would highly suggest a trip to Lake Boji if you live within five hours. Kids have plenty to do. Plenty of fun for Adults.

I surprised Ron a few months ago with this trip. I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he told me "I want to go to the Blackhills, I have never been there and would love to go, I have only been to Mount Rushmore (with me at Sturgis)" and I said OK, I am all over that, then I remembered it was Sturgis weekend, so he says "Well we have been twice to Sturgis, so I want to do something else".

So I say, "Let's go to Kansas City, we will go downtown, hang out in some of our favorite areas" He says "No, we are going to the Kansas NASCAR race in October, so no".

So then he says to me "I have Always wanted to go to Lake Okoboji since I was in high school and my buddies told me about all the fun they had....and all the hot girls" ......apparently back then it was all about hunting for chicks, but now......obviously Not SO much :)

So I booked us a little room at the Fillenwarth Beach Resort. Who knew that an All-inclusive resort actually exists in Iowa? It was awesome...OK not ALL inclusive we had to find our own food, but boat rides, booze cruises, paddle boats and so much more........

and within walking distance of awesome food either way.

And of Course within walking distant of the Historic Arnolds Park Amusement Park. It is awesome!

This was our cute little 242 room. During the day it was freezing cold beyond belief but at night I was sweating. But it was so comfortable. Looking right out over the water....beautiful.



We alway made sure we made it back to watch some 2012 Olympics.  

On another note today....Ronnie Boy went for his first Water Skiing Adventure today. He tried his hardest to get up on those skis but it just didn't happen. He was soaking wet when he came back.....he is determined to learn how to ski. I couldn't go with, otherwise I would have loved to take pictures of him. I swore this was Ron just riding in this boat but I found out it wasn't.........





1 comment:

  1. We went to Lake Okoboji and Arnold's Park many years ago with the Gaspers. I don't remember a whole lot, but it was fun. Mom has a few pictures from our adventure there. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete