Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Duck Watch - Day 2

I made sure I checked on our soon to be mother this morning. I peeked out at her in the rain and she was all nested in. The rain was missing her and she and the little egglets were nice and dry. Later in the morning I noticed that the nest was empty. She must have went to get some food. Not too much later Ron was working at his desk and noticed her walking across the street. She froze the minute she saw us. We never use to bother her but I think since the babies she is more cautious of us. I decided to get her some bread. I tore us pieces of bread and threw them on our sidewalk for her. The whole time she didn't move she just stood there without moving a muscle. Ron held onto Cheerio in the house, so he wouldn't bark at her. I finished throwing pieces of bread and came back in to watch her. I hid behind the door and waited for her to come closer..........




....and she did and gobbled up her bread.

We continued to watch her for a few minutes. Shortly after the last photo she manevuered her way back to her nest between two statues and a plastic bunny :) We were able to watch the whole thing from our office window. She has her nest far enough in the corner that we can't see the whole thing from the window but we checked on her and sure enough..........

Back to the Babies.......
Back on her nest..........

No comments:

Post a Comment