Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Welcome Home

Finally arrived home from Talladega after spending the last night of our trip in Bolivar, Missouri. Nice pretty drive home, well until we got to KC, then it was the typical KC Drive. Our lunch destination included a stop at Red Robin in Omaha. Don't get to Red Robin much. I had already had the Cheeseburger I was craving way back in Arkansas, so chose the chicken strips. Of course, the bottomless fries at Red Robin are always a show stopper, and an atery clogger :) Following our stop in Omaha it was onward to home to Columbus.

After being gone from Wednesday till today, it was time to get back home and try and get back into a normal routine, however, I had all the typical catching up to do. I was busy putting stuff away from the truck when I realized it was time to get the mail. Ron was just starting to set up his computer and catch up on his email shortly before five........I went out to the mailbox and was walking in my front door when something caught my eye!




Nesting on her eggs, was the Duck I have been feeding since November. People keep telling me not to feed the ducks or they will become quite the pests but I have kind of gotten attached to her. I had NO idea she was going to have babies. I even soaked up crackers in water for her when I ran out of bread a couple of times. I immediately showed Ron and we even called the Trusty Brother-in-law Todd to make sure we shouldn't put a fence up to protect her and the kids from any stray dogs. He assured us she would be ok. She has found herself a pretty good home. I will check on her tomorrow. I am sad because it is raining on her tonight :( so I hope she sleeps good.

Of course the most important conclusion to the trip was getting to see Cheerio!!!! Here are a couple of photos of him and Ron. I thought they were cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment