Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The stuff drivers are made of............

Here is the stuff that we see from week to week that identifies Dave as a race car driver. Besides his car......Driver has his gloves, driver has his helmet, driver has his race suit, driver has his race shoes, driver has his safety gear, driver has his window net. From race to race I have learned that these are the things I can see. These are things I can touch. These are the things that I know are a part of my driver. But there is so much more to this man who straps in every week and races. Race car drivers are made of determination, hope, raw guts, dedication and courage. I know now why it is so meaningful for me to be in the pits. I experience what makes this so special for driver. I see him climb in his car. I watch him focus on putting on his helmet and then there is his flip of the switch. Dave, you are indeed my hero. I can not replace any moment or my excitment of being there with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment