Friday, September 3, 2010

The Final Countdown

Three seasons....three seasons of football have come down to this final one. The fourth season for my nephew and his senior teammates. 
It hardly seems possible that little Freshman boy has grown into a fine young man with so much talent. Where did my little guy go? I love my nieces and nephews but it is Sheldon, for some reason his final year seems...well...so final. I have so enjoyed watching him play football, play baseball, wrestle and just general be an athlete. 
Last night was the first Home game of his last season. It was parents night. I swear I felt like a 17 year old myself again sitting there in the ole Hometown bleachers......
The Newman Grove Bluejays took on the Shelby Huskies, who they were just barely suppose to beat and ended up winning 52-12. Sheldon had a great game. I was so proud of those boys, they play with alot of heart and a whole lot determination! 
Good luck to one of my favorite High School seniors ever. I hope you have a wonderful final season because you deserve it! I love you Shel! 





No comments:

Post a Comment