Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Recipe gone way good!!!

One of my favorite shows that I DVR or watch if I can is Mad Hungry. I love love love this cooking show. Over the last seven years my cooking has gone from making traditional recipes to walking right straight out of the box and I must say....I am pretty good at it. Just ask Ron.....yes some will say "Ron will eat anything" but when it comes to cooking I make him be brutally honest, and he has only hated one meal of mine :) 

First of all if you love to cook, visit the Mad Hungry Web Site: Mad Hungry there are amazing easy to prepare dishes. Yeah some are kind of fancy but most are made with stuff you have right in your cozy home kitchen. 

SO you don't have to watch the show. It is on the Hallmark Channel, but really go the website for recipes. Lucinda Scala Quinn is amazing. If you are my age, this is not your Momma's cooking, but it is close with a twist now and then. I have learned ALOT from Lucinda.........first and foremost. COOK SLOW the amazing recipes she makes are quick but also encourage you to let the flavors of all the spices and flavorings engulf your food. 

I have went from thinking and concentrating on cooking to really enjoying making food that my family and friends love. 

Tonight I made this along with half pieces of Rosemary Steak made on the Traeger Grill.  Ron and our friend Justin enjoyed it very much. They wouldn't lie to me. If you don't have Baguettes for the sauce in the bottom of the pan use french bread or any other bread. We actually had left over Biscuits from Breakfast and I cut those up and it was devine. I also made broccoli and rice as a side. 

SIDENOTE......DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE MAKE THIS RECIPE USING PRE COOKED SHRIMP........the shrimp my cook from a raw state and take in the amazing flavors.

My last little tip....I used a half a tablespoon of Tony Casher's Cajun Seasoning and it was perfect........ 


Mr Jim's Louisiana Barbequed Shrimp


Ingredients

  • 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons), rinds reserved and sliced
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 11/2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
  • 1 pound (about 30) medium to large shrimp, peeled, heads (optional) and tails on
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • Baguette, for serving

Directions

  1. Heat a 12-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Add butter, and cook until melted and foamy. Add garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice and rinds. Stir in Worcestershire and hot sauces, and bring to a simmer.
  2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until pink and firm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve with baguette.

    Here is what mine looked like:
     Here is what Lucinda's looked like.....now remember she was in a TV studio and her lemons were turned sideways :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment