Monday, May 18, 2009

Holy Hatties....

was it hot today! Right now it is still 89 degrees out and I really am not ready for that at all. Last week it was 40........but that is Nebraska. Of course, I pick the HOTTEST day of the year so far to do the biggest project of the season.

Some of you that know me know that I am by far NOT a gardener. I have never professed to having a green thumb. One time my brother George gave me a planter with the sign that Said "grow damm it" and that is how I feel when it comes to flowers and gardens.

My Mom is an amazing gardener and can make anything grow....me NOT so much! BUT these little gloves sure got the ole workout today.....I did two HUGE beds around my deck and have two more to go. I promised myself I would start at 8 and quit at 4 and I did. THAT 4:22 shower was awesome!!!!!



I kind of wished I would have taken some before photos :) OMG it was NOT pretty. There was grass WAY too tall and it looked like total crapola. Here are some "after photos" I still have some grooming to do, but this is MUCH better. 40 bags of Pea Rock. 11 glasses of water. 2 diet cokes. Half a steak and one Corona later.......



Now it is time to finish making super, which is almost done and then off to an early departure for me tonight.....ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

2 comments:

  1. I hear your pain Kristin I have been in my gardens all week I am trying to catch up on three years of no gardening LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flower beds look awesome! don't forget that cold beer helps on such a hot day!

    ReplyDelete