Thursday, April 26, 2007

Well here it is....

the eve....of the night before the first night of racing. I have mixed feelings about this Dirt track season here in Central Nebraska. My main reason for the hesitation is my fear. Fear that I might shed an obvious tear over the first year in like 10 years that I won't see my driver in the familar Stock Auction 18 car.....and fear watching his young son take over and drive the 6a Modified for the very first time....EVER! I am scared crapless over this. I am excited, sad, scared, apprehensive and thinking back on all the first nights I could NOT wait for Driver to get out there.

So be it as it may. What ever will be will be. But I do know that seeing father and son race on the same track in the same class with definately be a moment in time and one that I am very glad I will have the chance to live.

Make me proud boys. My 'other" brother and me "nephew"! Now you both can give me double the heart condition!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's kinda exciting AND scary! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete