Tuesday, May 6, 2008

100 Simple Secrets of Happy People.....

...is a little book that I got as a gift a few years ago. The little gem was written by David Niven. I came across this book while cleaning out our camper and remembered how much I enjoyed reading it, so I started of again.

The book isn't long chapters of reading but rather short little Essays that are easy to read and pack a punch.

Today, I want to share Chapter 11 - Friendship Beats Money. I love this quote from the book "If you want to know if people are happy, don't ask them how much money they have in the bank. Don't ask them how large their take-home salary is. Ask them about their friends. I think this is true in most cases......

About my friends. I have some classy ass friends. Ron and I have our share of people who we consider friends, but I truly believe losing friendships is worst than losing money. I could start post pictures of my friends, but first I'll forget some and really tick someone off and second....I don't have pictures of them all....

There are old friends who I have known my whole life and still love and trust. There are friends that I love like family. There are friends that I have in the past and currently work with. There are friends that happened by accident. There are my online friends. There are our friends who just make me genuinely happy to be around....well I could go on.

But trust me when I tell you....a good friend is worth more than diamonds or gold....at least to me!!

Here is another quote for ya...."Money is like a glove. Friendship is like your hand. One is Useful, the other essential" ......

...and some just fit like ass in pants! :)

3 comments:

  1. totally hear ya sister! There is no money that can replace friendship

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hug)) what a great post!! And since my ass is fitting pretty tightly in my pants these days...does that mean our friendship is pretty tight? lol!!

    ReplyDelete