Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Breaking News.....

OK I am completey ticked off by my CNN Breaking News Text messages of late and the latest one reads......

"Wildfire, Floods, Tropical Weather making life miserable from Coast to Coast."

You want to talk miserable. Add in my neighbors to the south in Kansas who have dealt with nothing but death and disaster the last 6 days. The newness is wearing off and now the fine people of Greensburg, Kansas are left to clean up, move on and rebuild. They are no longer a national headline. I don't think it is time to stop remembering and thinking of ways in which we can help. Even if it is as simple as saying a prayer for each person who is suffering from their many loses.

Why can't I get a message of hope from CNN or a message of miracles. It is instinct to report the bad, but I am in need of the good stuff this week. My life here in the Middle of the Midwest is rather peachy, we have had storms and rain, but today the sky is filled with beautiful blues, little white puffy clouds and it is so wonderful to hear the birds singing while listening to my cattle bellar because they are being fed for the evening.

Tonight, I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, family to call, friends to celebrate and all the stuff I need. Unlike others, who are in need of comfort and relief. I keep playing back in my mind the times I went through, stayed in and stop briefly in Greensburg Kansas, trying to etch it in my mind. All I wish is, I would have taken just a few more minutes to appreciate my time there.

3 comments:

  1. all to soon the victims fade away to the back of the news, not to be helped again. The media is a savage beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is definetly a time to count our blessings as we watch the news coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is is so distressful how some are so quickly forgotten.

    ReplyDelete