Thursday, May 31, 2007

Water Water everywhere......

As my Sister-in-law put it "St Edward Swamp" and it was and still is a little bit. After bascially three full days of rain the Ole Beaver Creek said enough and spilled out everywhere. Yesterday was quite the soaked and soggy one.

Here are some pictures......
First one.....this is the shed that is in front of my house. See all that water behind the shed...It is NOT suppose to be there. Second one.....this is the highway that runs East and West infront of my house...well it is a long driveway, but that it our road into Saint Edward. All that water behind the red shed....came from here :)


Third one....Main Street Saint Edward Nebraska. Flooded for the first time since 1971 and it could have been ALOT worse. On the right is the Former Legion building (with the Red Blazer in front) which is currently being remodeled for our offices and on the left is my office. The building with the White Panel on the front with the Salmon colored curtains......After I took this picture it got alot higher....


So that it was our big news for yesterday. I will be posting some Weekend Activites later on this week......I am in the process of moving everything out of my kitchen in anticipation for the arrival of my NEW FLOORING! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!
OH and I forgot.....I told and told everyone I saw that it was going to flood. On Saturday, I saw this "little" guy in my driveway headed West, away from the river, and I said "It is going to flood" but NO one would listen...SEE the turtle knew what the hell he was doing!



1 comment: