Sunday, December 28, 2008

GATORBOWL BOUND...

Round #1 - Left Duncan Nebraska this morning headed for Jacksonville Florida. For those who think I only travel for NASCAR.....I will for my Huskers too :) Had to throw in a couple of extra things including my swimsuit which I only feel the need to keep at the lake and Ron's sandals, again a lake only necessity :)

We just took a pit stop in Wichita to eat at Braums. I have never ate at Braums before and after eating there it will certainly NOT be the last. YUMMY! The Ice cream was a very nice added bonus.

(Here we learn how to effectively hold your ice cream cone while buckling your seat belt)

We are now headed to Oklahoma City so John and CIndy can deliver Chiristmas gifts to their Grandchildren. So we will be spending the night in Oklahoma City.

After spending what seemed like an eternity on the Kansas turnpike we finally paid our toll and have moved into Oklahoma, just passing by the big Christmas store on I-35. So our frist leg for today has about an hour to go and we shall be resting comfortably in the Super 8 in OK City.....

The Husker caravan continues.....Greetings on the road to the Gator Bowl.......

We arrived in Edmond Oklahoma where we spent some time with John and Cindy's daughter, son-in-law and Grandchildren opening Christmas presents and playing Wii. Reminiscient of our trip to Cancun was a great meal prepared on a grill in front of us. The Shogun Restaraunt was a great place to eat and the little cooking show was a great added bonus.





...and it appears that I found myself a Sooner....

No comments:

Post a Comment