Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hello from Jacksonville....

Yes, we are here indeed. Seeing lots of other folks in red with smiling faces and warm smiles. I have found my people :)

Today, we spent some time at Jacksonville Beach. I totally forgot how much I love the Ocean until I see it again. It totally takes my blues away :) Here is Ron and I....and trust me when I tell you that we were NOT the only ones on this beach with Huskers clothes on.




Following our little visit to the bach we then headed to St. Augustine (the oldest town in the United States). It is a beautiful city and I certainly enjoyed my time there. We visted the site were Ponce De Leon first came ashore and watched our frist real cannon be fired (that was cool). We went to eat at a Fantastic restaraunt in the Marina. It was sooooo cool. I had the most wonderful Caribean Chicken. YUM. The coolest thing was that you could feed the birds through a little door below the window. That was so fun. Those birds went NUTS when they saw a piece of bread come out the little doors. Those were certainly NOT hungry birds. (There is a photo below of me feeding my new Floridian friends)








Now, we have returned back to our luxury accomodations on the intersection of John and Mark streets. YES.....that is correct. Ron went to have a muffler put on the van and even though Rainbow Muffler is a few miles down the Road, he is BAD with directions so I am hoping he gets back in time to ring in the New Year.

It is 6:00 Eastern Standard time. I think tonight will bring us finding our way to the Jacksonville version of the Riverwalk to check out the sites and see if we can find some more of those folks in red.........

Take care to our friends back home...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to our family and friends!! Heres is a big cyber hug to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool placee to be! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you both! :hug:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I heard that Nebraska won.
    I would love to be in Florida right now.

    ReplyDelete