Thursday, May 4, 2006

Beth's Scrapjazz blog topic.....

Thanks to my fellow scrapbooker Beth at Scrapjazz...I finally have something to post about :) Seriously, she always goes through the effort of thinking of topics and this is the first time I have been able to actually participate. My first job.....well it seems like it was forever ago, but I remember it clearly. It might be hard for me to explain what my first job was, because it was an ag related job, but i'll try.
OK...I rode beans.....Now, for the explanation. You have a field of Beans...not grean beans..but field beans. What I did was ride on the machine that was attached to the front of a tractor. On this machine were Seats with spray wands, each person had a row that they rode down, as we rode through the filed using the spray wands to spray weeds in the our row. It was a great way to get some sun...and I did it for my Dad before I starting riding for other people. It was usually pretty hot. When I rode I always wore long pants and long sleeves, because we used a pretty potent chemical to kill the weeds. I can still remember my first "non Dad" check. It was a pretty big deal in my life to have a check that was my very own to depost. I felt so grown up!
Riding beans just takes me back to the days of doing it for my Dad. I enjoyed being outside, being with my Dad and feeling like I was really accomplishing something. I loved working for my neighbor too, but loved helping Dad...cause he always had Candy bars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment