Sunday, May 7, 2006

My driver will always be my driver.....


My driver has been Dave Anson.....this year he is driving someone else's car beside his/ours at the Boone County Raceway. I have been a race fan at BCR for as long as I can remember. I am so use to to seeing that #18 car at BCR that I can not imagine my racing life without that car. So this is my take on this whole thing.......OK driver this one is for you.

I have to admit….watching you drive that 98 car made me a little sad. You’re my #18 driver. You were my driver first. Always remember that when it all comes down to it.....I am your biggest fan.

The Anson #18 has been on the track in Albion a good part of my life. I kept saying to myself…."It’s driver” “It’s just driver” It’s Dave” “It's my driver”

OH yeah Driver, I became jealous, obsessive, protectice…….your MY driver.

I never have never given up on you driver, never doubted you, never believed that were NOT the best of the best.

I became superstitious. I gave lucky charms to you…….all in all it is one thing, you are my friend.

I think I realized that when I walked up to you on Friday night and you were still Dave. Still the man whose eyes were so full of life because you raced that car like none other. That is what it is all about my friend, it is all about racing and if you ever doubt that we love ya…..you just watch us and watch me, cause you can always tell in my eyes that I am so proud of you.

I love you like a Brother Dave….always have...always will….always MY DRIVER .

1 comment:

  1. Aesome writing there. It is very very good. Hope Dave reads it.

    ReplyDelete